Smartphone notifications Android are very handy because they instantly notify you of a message or other important information that you don't want to miss. On Whatsapp, this instantly tells you that you have received a message.
Unfortunately, like any computer tool, it can happen that not working properly. Most of the time, you don't get notifications when you have set them up.
The purpose of this article is to help you rSolve your WhatsApp app notification issues on your Android smartphone to get these important notifications again.
DIFFERENT SOLUTIONS FOR Whatsapp NOTIFICATION PROBLEMS ON ANDROID SMARTPHONE
Here are the different solutions that we have found to solve your Whatsapp notification problems and to be able to receive them again.
MAKE SURE THE NOTIFICATIONS ARE WELL ACTIVATED ON Whatsapp
Logically, the application in question must have the permissions to send notifications to your main phone menu. This is probably the first thing you did, but check for security.
To make sure that the Whatsapp application sends you the notifications, follow this little procedure:
- Go to settings from your Android smartphone
- Open the applications menu
- Open application Whatsapp
- Click on the tab Notifications
- Be sure that the option of the last line is activated
Also make sure that the settings of the Whatsapp applications are correct.
In the application, you can configure the Pop-up notifications, i.e. the notifications that come on the screen when you receive a call / message.
To configure them, follow this procedure:
- In the app, tap the 3 small horizontal dots at the top right of the screen
- Click on settings
- Open the menu Notifications
- If you want to have a sound when receiving a call / message, check the first line
- If you wish to receive a visual notification on your screen phone, set up like the example below
DISABLE THE BATTERY OPTIMIZATION FOR THE Whatsapp APP
The tool battery optimization aims to limit the premature wear of the battery of certain energy-intensive applications. However, this is done at the expense of the proper functioning of the application and can potentially block notifications because your phone considers it not a priority. Indeed, it is possible to the battery optimizer prevents Whatsapp from working properly and creates a problem receiving notification.
To remove it, do this:
- Go to your Android device settings
- Open the Battery tab
- Tap the 3 small vertical dots in the top right corner of your phone screen
- Tap battery optimizer
- From there, open the "Unoptimized applications" tab
- Find Whatsapp
- Disable battery optimization, and restart your smartphone
UPDATE Whatsapp APP
Notifications may also not work due to the whatsapp version that you use. Try updating this app to resolve your notification issues.
For it :
- go to the Play store
- tab applications installed
- update application
- If you only see the option " Open "Like us in this example, it means that Whatsapp is up to date
UPDATE YOUR ANDROID SYSTEM
If not version of your application that causes bugs notification, then it can come from your Android system. This one can start to be old, and as explained previously with the application, present bugs. It is possible to update it manually, we explain everything in this article:
CLEAR THE Whatsapp APP COVER
If you try to re-enable notifications and it doesn't work properly, it can come from application cache. The cache of an application represents temporary data related to the startup and operation of this. Your phone stores this information so speed up the application launch and loading processes. However, sometimes this information is corrupted or of poor quality, thus creating usage problems.
Must therefore reset, empty and clean the cache of this application.
For that, it's very simple :
- Go to settings of your Android smartphone
- Open the tab Applications
- Search the Whatsapp application, then click on it
- Press clean the cover et empty the cache, like the example below