It is very common to use an additional memory card in addition to the default storage present on our smartphones. This will greatly increase the storage capacity, and ventilate your phone so as not to clutter it with data that could make it slow down.
However, it may happen that certain problems occur on this SD memory card, and that your smartphone no longer detects it. This can happen for a variety of reasons.
The purpose of this article is to help you find a solution so that your smartphone detects your SD memory card again and you can use it again.
Different solution to fix SD memory card detection problems on Android smartphone
Here are all the solutions we have tried to help you be able to detect your SD card again on your Android smartphone.
Let's start with simple solutions, yet often effective.
RESTART YOUR PHONE
Let's start with the most harmless, yet very effective solutions. Restart your phone and try again to see if the problem has improved.
If nothing has changed and the SD card is still undetectable, try to put it in another phone.
Remove the SD card and clean it there
It is possible that the SD card is inserted incorrectly or simply a little dust or other is encrusted, hampering the reading of your smartphone. Remove it and then try to clean it gently, then try the connection again.
INSERT YOUR SD CARD INTO ANOTHER ANDROID PHONE
Before handling, it is important to try to target problems precisely. If you insert your SD card into another phone, you can find out where the problem is coming from.
Be careful, do not do this if you suspect the memory card of having a virus. No need to contaminate another phone if it did.
When you insert the SD card in another phone, and everything works, then it logically means that the card works, but not your phone. You will then have to try to identify the problem that is disturbing your phone.
Try inserting another SD memory card into your smartphone
In this same logic of identification of the problem, we will try to be very precise. If you insert another SD card into your phone, and it is detected, then the problem is with your SD card, not the phone.
So let's move on to solutions to solve these problems. To do this, you will need Connect to your PC and insert your SD card there.
UPDATE THE DRIVERS OF THE MEMORY CARD ON YOUR PC
When you insert your memory card in your PC, you will be able to update the drivers which allow detect the SD card and therefore read the content of this one.
This can solve your card problem not detected and will only take a few seconds.
To do this, follow the following steps :
- Insert your SD card in your computer
- Right click on " This PC »And click on« Manage«
- In the task bar, click on " gestionnaire de périphériques »
- Then click on " USB bus controllers«
- Find it ring road that matches your SD card, here for us " Alcor Micro USB 2.0 Card Reader«
- Right click and click on " Update driver software", Then press" Automatically check for updated driver software«
- Let the update take place and try to open your SD card again
USE THE CHKDSK COMMAND TO CHECK THE SD CARD
La CHKDSK command, or Check DIskIs a Windows command allowing you to check and potentially repair storage drives or storage devices connected to your computer so that your phone can detect it again.
It could solve your problem of card not detected on your Android smartphone.
To do this, you just need to follow these steps:
- Open the command prompt in your PC navigation: type CMD in your search bar, and open the command prompt as administrator (right click then run as administrator)
- In this command menu, simply type the following line: chkdsk then the reader which corresponds to your SD card followed by a colon : . For example, in our case we have our SD card in device F, so the command will be chkdskF: . (Logically it will be D: or F: if you have two hard drives).
- Le check will run automatically and repair potential errors from your SD card.
SCAN THE SD CARD FROM YOUR COMPUTER
If the above procedure did not work and the SD card is still not detected, try this different manipulation.
From your computer, you will be able to perform another scan in order to detect and fix certain errors. For this, your PC must be detect SD card. if your SD memory card is in your PC, follow this procedure:
- Open the menu " This PC:«
- On your SD memory card device, do right clickthen properties
- In the properties, open the tab Tools
- Here you will have the possibility to click on the button check to launch a SD card scan
SHOW HIDDEN FILES IF SD CARD APPEARS EMPTY
Sometimes it may happen that your SD card is detected, but not the files on it. It displays the message " no file" , or " empty memory card". It is possible that in reality, the files on it are detected but hidden, for some unknown reason. So the files you are looking for are present, but hidden. To make them appear again, follow this procedure:
- type control panel in your Windows search bar at the bottom left of your PC screen
- In the control panel, open the tab appearance and customization
- Then open the tab File Explorer options
- From there, at the top open the tab Displays and Signage
- Look for the line " hidden files and folders", And check the line" show hidden files and folders«
- OK, then return to see if the files appear on your SD memory card
FORMAT SD CARD FOR REUSE
If nothing has ever worked higher and your card is still not detected, and does not work, here is a little help to recover the data before formatting it, your last solution to be able to reuse your SD card.
RECOVER YOUR DATA BEFORE FORMATTING
You will be able to recover your data if your SD memory card is still not detected and you cannot access it normally. To do this, simply download this free software to your PC and follow the data recovery procedure:
If nothing has worked so far, you have the option of formatting SD card. This will reset your card and delete everything on it. You will lose the data but may reuse SD card normally after that.
If you want more information on using an SD card, here are some other articles that may interest you: