Developer mode on smartphone Android is a mode to activate, allowing to access many additional options on your phone.
Hidden by default on your phone, you have to perform a small hidden manipulation to gain access. You probably already know this, if you go to the " about the phone", And that you press successively 7 times on the line "build number", then you will have access to this option.
So why hide this feature on Android? To what actually use developer mode on their phone?
In this article, we will first explain to you what could you use this mode, why you have to be careful with, and how to deactivate it on his phone.
Here are among others how to remove developer mode on android smartphone.
Developer mode on Android, what is it for?
Before showing you how to remove developer mode on Android, here is a small summary of its use.
By analyzing its name, we first think that this parameter is intended for developers. However, you should know that the options accessible through this functionality are much easier to use than you might think. The name is therefore a little misleading, although nevertheless you should be careful when manipulate these parameters.
Here are the main settings accessible with developer mode on Android.
Advantages of developer mode on smartphone
- Root your phone : The procedure for rooting your phone inevitably involves activating developer mode. This makes sense because rooting your phone involves accessing sensitive files on the phone, and that's what this mode makes it easy to access. If you are interested in rooting your phone, or just want to know What does it correspond to, it's this way :
- Take a video screenshot : If, for example, you are passionate about video games, and you want to record your exploits directly on your phone, this goes through developer mode.
- Optimize the performance of your phone : In the same context as what is said above, it is possible to boost your performance, particularly for video games, through this developer mode.
- Install applications not available on the Play-store : There are all kinds of unofficial apps that might interest you one day. For this, it will sometimes be necessary to go through activation of developer mode;
- Enable USB debugging : this allows you to communicate a PC and a smartphone, for different operations. In particular, imagine that you lose the lock pattern of your phone, it is possible to reset it without erasing all its data, only if you have first enabled USB debugging, and therefore also the developer mode. To know more :
These are just a small part of all the things you can do with this developer mode. However, what do you risk if there is activated without your knowledge? Or that you make a improper handling ?
Here is a quick overview of potential risks to your phone if you leave this developer mode enabled.
Is there a risk of not deactivating developer mode on Android
Rest assured, despite its seemingly scary name, developer mode is just an extension of the options already available on the phone. Among the set of options accessible via this mode, very little are really dangerous for your phone or its data.
The worst-case scenario would possibly be to perform a " hard reset »From your phone, ie the reset to factory state, but this is very unlikely unintentionally.
So be reassured, except if you let a child play with this phone, you do not run a great risk of it being activated all the time.
If, however, this bothers you anyway, do not panic, there is a way to disable this developer mode on your Android.
How to remove developer mode on Android
To achieve this, the procedure is very simple:
- Go to settings from your phone
- Scroll down to the " systems and updates", Then open the
- In this menu système, look for the option " developer options", And open the
- You will therefore see the option for developers checked, you just have to uncheck to remove accessibility to these options
The moment you uncheck this option, the entire menu of developer options will disappear. You will then have to perform the reverse operation in order to reactivate this option.
If you don't know how to do this, remember, you have to go to the " about the phone«, And successively press 7 times on the line " build number", In order to reactivate this mode.
So here is a quick guide on how to turn off developer mode on Android. If, however, you are looking for other tutorials to use your phone better, here's some help: